ABOUT PINE WIND
Rich, Complex, Multi-layered and Very Spiritual with Montana Pine, Frankincense, and Sandalwood.
Package includes 9 incense sticks approximately 5.5" in length
Made in honor of the late Genki Takabayashi, Zen Roshi. Genki came to the U.S. in his thirties to teach Rinzai Zen and establish temples on the west coast. While retired at his Montana Zen Farm Temple he would say "Pine Wind Coming!" as the summer breeze came through the pine forest. This blend is made in his honor, and to reflect his deep love of the earth, the Pines, and the deeply spiritual and mystical traditions he embodied as the classical 'Zen Master'.
INCENSE ALCHEMY IS:
- Handmade in Colorado.
- 100% natural handmade artisan incense.
- Made entirely from natural woods, resins, and plant materials.
- 100% Sustainably harvested, non-gmo or certified organic materials.
- No artificial ingredients, DPG or potassium nitrate.
- 100% post-consumer recycled packaging.
Handmade in the traditional 'joss' style commonly seen in Japanese and Tibetan style incense where there is no inner stick to support the aromatics. Joss sticks are the most difficult to produce but allow for the cleanest incense experience available.
INCENSE BURNING TIPS
- Light one end of stick and allow to burn for a few seconds and gently blow it out so the tip is a glowing ember, then place in sand or ash filled container.
- After lighting there will be a tendency to immediately smell the smoke. This is OK, but it is best to allow the incense to burn a few moments to allow the full aroma to form. Additionally, it is best to place incense in a container and let the aroma naturally come to you.
- Always burn incense in an appropriate fire-proof container. We recommend using an incense bowl filled with our japanese white ash. When using white ash, even the submerged part of the stick will burn completely. This complements the minimalistic aesthetic and is a nice addition to your altarspace. If not using white ash, submerge the stick enough to stand securely upright, but no more than necessary to reduce waste. Any portion of the stick submerged in sand or earth will not burn completely.
- Relax, and meditate with the smoke. You will notice many layers of subtleties as the various aromatics naturally co-mingle.
- Invite the healing nature of the materials to come to you, and relax.